Thursday, January 22, 2015

Finding Inner Peace at the Botanic Garden

Last few days have been pure frustration as I tangle with a computer that refuses to co-operate. Spending the second day trying to post the last blog, I finally called on the expert for help... my blog site administrator Eve to untangle the mystery of my computer problems. With my nerves frazzled, it was time to go and find inner peace... it was time to visit the San Diego Botanic Garden .





The beauty of the freshly planted flowers was exactly what I needed to see. The colors were soothing and I could feel my frayed nerves starting to mend...




Cute display at the bamboo teahouse.
 A (real live) Allen's Hummingbird perches on a nearby bush as I sit and meditate. 

No matter what your mood may be, it is almost a guarantee that you will always feel better when you sit by the Lily pond with the sound of the water running through a beautiful little bamboo water stream and take in the tranquil beauty of the surrounding bamboo forest. The pond is now stripped and being refurbished and ready for spring growth but in a few months it will look like this... a photographer's delight! 

More flowers to settle the nerves. These are found near the small pond past the waterfall. A Garden this beautiful isn't by accident... there is an army of volunteers and staff that keep after weeds, replant, and maintain this wonderful place of beauty. 

The female Hummingbirds were still at the Floss Silk Tree collecting nesting materials.


The seedpod is almost stripped bare. 


This nest appears unattended... it may have failed. 

A Crow could be one of the reasons for a failed nest. This one was perched only about 12 ft away from the seed pod of the Floss Silk Tree and kept watch where the female hummingbird flew. I hope these female hummers had their nest somewhere far away from the Floss tree. Not wanting to see this hunting tactic of the crow any longer, I decided to go towards the Hamilton Children's Garden to see if I could spot some caterpillars.
 
Colorful flowers surround the Hamilton Children's Garden with lots of educational and fun displays that are so very inviting for the children visiting this lovely spot. 

No caterpillars but found this cute male Allen's Hummingbird defending his territory. 
 
Saw a movement in the shade and found a Orange-crowned Warbler checking some flowers for a source of nectar. He gets a little drink.

Walking back towards the parking lot, here are more shots of flowers that caught my attention. 



The Garden has many displays of original artworks and this one is one of my favorites. 

Another female Allen's Hummingbird stops for a pose. 

One more shot and it's time for me to go home. I feel a lot calmer now and feel better about tackling my computer again. 

Have a calming day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment