Saturday, March 26, 2016

Easter Colors from the Garden

Took a few photos at the San Diego Botanic Garden to celebrate the Easter Holiday. I also took a few shots at the San Elijo Nature Reserve to include a few bird shots. The weather has been magical and I have found myself reluctant to go home from my walks as there is always something new and wonderful to see.




 
I can only show you photos of the wonderful colored flowers that you might see at the Garden. I wish I could share the fabulous fragrance that captures your senses when you walk the grounds.















 Female Allen's Hummingbird.





A Bewick's Wren makes a quick appearance.
Flight shot.  
Wanting to get more bird subjects, I decided to take a quick walk at the San Elijo Nature Reserve. There are lots of bird subjects there and if you visit at low tide you may see lots of shorebirds too. Here is the male Anna's Hummingbird that greets everyone as you walk past the visitor center.
Nice landing by a Greater Yellowlegs but that is just a guess. It may be Lesser Yellowlegs because it's not always easy to tell them apart. 


 A beautiful Double-crested Cormorant in adult breeding plumage.

This photo shows the blue color in the inside of his mouth.

 
Wish he was a bit closer. What an amazing color combination! Orange on the lores and blue on the inside of his mouth!

A female Common Yellowthroat stops to pose for a shot. 
My first shot of a Black-headed Grosbeak this season.
Have a Happy Easter everyone!
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice that you added some Flower shots, Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Don and I hope you are having a nice Easter Day too, I love flowers so you will see them in my blog often. :)

      Delete