Thursday, October 25, 2018

A Beautiful Fall Morning

Wow, this morning is a perfect example of a beautiful fall morning in Southern California.  I'm sitting at my dining room looking out to my patio and enjoying my coffee. Taking the last bite of a cinnamon raisin bagel, I notice an eruption of bird activity in my backyard. Time to grab my camera!





I noticed the White-crowned Sparrows had returned to my backyard for the winter a few days ago. Now one of them has gotten up enough courage to come to my fountain. 
 
A very sweet bird and a great subject. I will now post all the birds that came to the fountain in less than an hour. A Beautiful Fall Morning!
 
Ruby-crowned Kinglet.


Yellow-rumped Warbler.








Kinglet again.

Spooked by something and takes off.

Oh, this appears to be the reason for the Kinglet spooking. A Northern Mockingbird lands on the fountain.








A quick visit by an Orange-crowned Warbler.

A pair of Lesser Goldfinch land at the fountain.


A nice pose by the adult male Lesser Goldfinch.
 
Wow, a Townsend's Warbler landed on the Plumeria tree.




He finally gets enough confidence to come to the fountain.


Takes a few quick dips.

LOL, I'm not sure what he was doing. It appeared that he was rolling on the plumeria leaf as if it were a large bath towel.


He's enjoying a quiet moment in the sunlight. What a wonderful way to start the day. Birding is wonderful on this Beautiful Fall Morning!
Have a wonderful week everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment