Sunday, March 10, 2019

A Hummingbird's Morning Shower

With many days of dark clouds and rain, it was a pleasant surprise to wake up to a bright and sunny morning. While enjoying my breakfast, I spot a Yellow-rumped Warbler fly in to the fountain to enjoying his morning bath. Soon he is joined by a cute female Allen's Hummingbird taking advantage of all his splashing and getting her morning shower!





A Yellow-rumped Warbler flies to the birdbath/fountain for his morning bath.



This Yellow-rumped Warbler appears to be a young male just coming into his adult breeding plumage. His head still appears to have much of the juvenile plumage. He will soon be much darker in the face and his chest area will be a black bib below the yellow chin.




He is having a great time splashing in his morning bath.


He stops, alerted to something.

Notice the hummer at the top right corner of the frame?

The Yellow-rump Warbler has company but settles back down to this bath as he feels the hummer is not a threat.

His splashing fills the air and now I get a glimpse of the Allen's Hummingbird coming closer to the birdbath.





 Close-up.



Going in for her shower!

Wow!

Loving it!



Close-up.







 Close-up.


What a sweet hummer. She is done with her morning shower and takes off to have some breakfast at one of my feeders.
Have a great week everyone!
 

5 comments:

  1. i find your blog so enchanting even i`m writing articles on morning walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chemistry Girl for your kind words. Hope you come and visit often :)

      Delete

  2. I find your blog so enchanting even i`m writing articles on morning walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo! The email I'd is not mine. I can't seem to change it. (Frustrated)
    I just checked in after I got home from work tonight. I saw you there while I was working. I LOVE what I see so far! Fabulous. -Colette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Collette, thank you for stopping by. Good birding to you!

      Delete