Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Peregrine Fledglings in Flight

Looking at Herb's website, I was alerted that the Peregrine Falcons of Torrey Pines State Beach had  fledged so it was time for me to go there and see if I could capture a few shots.


**********************


The weather was great this morning with no marine layer lingering around like it has been for the last few days. I walked to the north viewpoint on  Guy Fleming Trail  and found the place full of photographers waiting for the fledglings to make their appearance. The view is amazing and the ocean breeze kept everyone cool in anticipation of the flight action that we all came to see. Someone yelled out that there was one flying and the cameras started to click like we were all at the red carpet in Hollywood. Here are some flight shots of the newly fledged Peregrine Falcons that I shot today. There are a total of four fledglings but they are hard to ID. I have to say the activity was fast and furious as they took to the air practicing hunting and defensive maneuvers. The show was absolutely thrilling to watch. 































































Have a super week everyone!

 

2 comments:

  1. Jo- I would love to join you if I could/you don't mind!! I've wanted to shoot the Peregrine's for a while, but didn't know where to go!!
    If you want, you can email me at reniesd@aol.com.
    Thanks and love, love, love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen, good to hear from you. Sure I will show you where to watch them but it's so easy to find, all you have to do is follow the Guy Fleming trail and head north on it until you get to the first lookout and there you will see lots of photographers with huge lenses looking to shoot the fledglings. But the whole trick is to get there very soon or you will miss them because every day they get stronger at flying and they will soon venture out of the nest area. Take care, Jo

      Delete