Thursday, January 12, 2017

Birding in the Rain

We have had quite a few rainy days now. Eve and I went birding on the jogging trail along El Camino Real that starts from Calle Barcelona north to the Bataquitos Lagoon. We saw lots of birds but soon it started raining. We birded in the rain for quite a while covering my camera and lens with a waterproof cover. The clouds grew darker and the rain was increasing and not letting up. I did not get a single bird photo from our birding trip to Carlsbad.






Coming home disappointed with no photos from this very nice birding site, I decided to see if I could take photos of birds in my backyard standing by the sliding glass door of my patio. The rain fell steadily but the 2 ft overhang above the sliding glass door protected the protruding 400mm lens of my camera from rain. Noticing that the ever aggressive Allen's Hummingbird was out in the rain, I grabbed my camera and decided to go "birding in the rain". Here are some shots of the male Allen's Hummingbird, the lead actor in my "Birding in the Rain".









Sweet Olive flower, one of the most enchanting flower fragrances.


My patio plants getting plenty of rainwater.
 














Have a wonderful week everyone!

2 comments: