Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Tiny Visitor at the Fountain

When I decided to purchase a birdbath/fountain for the patio, I had no idea that it would bring such wonderful bird visitors. I have been wishing to see and photograph a hummingbird at the fountain ever since I brought it home. Several times, one would appear to come close and by the time I grabbed my camera, it would be gone. Today, I decided to use my 400mm lens and have it ready in case the tiny visitor decided to test out the fountain.






As I spot an Allen's Hummingbird perched on my potted plumeria tree a few feet from the fountain, my instinct tells me he is considering a visit. He may be getting his courage up to fly over. Grabbing my camera and keeping it steady, I focus on the tiny beauty.

Decision made, he is a blur as he zooms towards the fountain.
 
I scramble to get focused. I am so happy to see this little hummer that I find myself holding my breath so as not to shake the camera as I click away. Hoping to get a few good shots through the sliding glass door as he hovers cautiously near the fountain.
 
Oh please please land!
 
Yes, he lands but keeps his eye on me. I am snapping away and thanking him for being so brave as to visit the fountain. Here are some shots as he appears to enjoy his visit. 


Close up



Close up.
Close up.

 

Close up.



LOL!

 And he is done for today. Hope to see this tiny visitor at the fountain again!

Oh, we have someone waiting nearby for his turn. LOL, it looks like he found the private bath leaf.


He sits and gets his belly wet. Not much of a bath for this Yellow-rumped Warbler. There is only a little bit of water today.

He tries to get wet but without much success. He will soon be at the fountain for a real bath.
A Townsend 's Warbler shows up at the flowers next to the fountain and hovers like a hummer lapping up some nectar.





Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment