Thursday, May 16, 2019

Beautiful Hooded Oriole Will Brighten Your Day!

It's raining in California but even when the sky is gray, a visit from a beautiful Hooded Oriole brings a little golden sunshine. A fun look at the male Hooded Oriole taking a morning bath at my fountain. Hope these shots of him brighten your day!






I have been glimpsing a bright yellow/gold color streaking in and out of my yard. As soon as I am spotted, the flighty male Hooded Oriole flies away. Sometimes I only hear his calls. Today as I sip my coffee and share my breakfast with my rat terrier, I spot the beautiful Hooded Oriole perched on my plumeria tree located near the birdbath/fountain. LOL, time to grab my camera! Here is my first shot of the gorgeous golden yellow male Hooded Oriole.
Hooded Oriole, Icterus cucullatus measures 8 inches long with a wingspan of 10.5 inches. He looks at the cute little cement fountain. 

And... Here he is landing on the outer rim. He is still a little unsure and looks towards my sliding glass door. 

He ventures into the water up to his belly and proceeds to take a vigorous bath.






















Adorable look.






Watching this bird enjoying my fountain really made me smile. Every time I see this beautiful bird, it takes my breath away. His appearance brings with him a ray of golden sunlight on a cloudy California day!  



Have a happy week everyone. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your photos Jo! Hooded Orioles also love grape jelly! If you put it out in your yard, they will come and eat it daily. Also, the Peregrine Falcons are back at Torrey Pines State Park and the Fledglings are flying up top again! Hope you are well. DeeDee Gollwitzer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks DeeDee for the update on the Peregrine Falcon Fledglings at Torrey Pines. Yes, I will try putting out the grape jelly for the Orioles. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete