Sunday, June 14, 2020

Morning With a Bewick's Wren

Checking my plants on my patio to see if they would need watering today, I heard the familiar sound of a Bewick's Wren. Looking where the sound was coming from, I was pleasantly surprised to see him checking out one of my birdhouses. What a super morning watching this wonderful wren going from one birdhouse to another and bringing nest material to them.





When I first saw the Bewick's Wren checking out one of my birdhouses hanging from the Firewheel tree I hurried back to the house and grabbed my camera. I carefully walked back towards the birdhouse and watched as this beautiful wren perched in the birdhouse. Here are some shots of this cutie.

Bewick's Wren, Thryomanes bewickii measures 5.25 inches long with a wingspan of 7 inches.

Close-up. The bold white eyebrow is a great identifying mark. House Wrens have no white eyebrows.
 He flies off.
Oh, now he has decided to bring some nesting material to this little red farm house!
This birdhouse is located right next to the entrance to my garden. It is hung at eye level.



A good look at the front of the birdhouse.
 Found the wren with more nesting material sitting on the fence to the garden.


I just bought this birdhouse and I wasn't sure if it would get used by any bird. I just loved the look of it and wanted it in my garden.
 Found this one at the thrift store and the wren did go in it and checked it out but did not go back.
The wren even checked this little crab shack out but it's only a few feet from my sliding glass door.
  This is one of my favorite birdhouses and I am hoping the he will use it soon.
But for now he is busy sticking this long branch into the little red house.

He manages to get it all in.
Off he goes! That was the last time I saw the wren in the birdhouse but I hope he will be back. I see him hunting in the yard often. I would love to see one of my birdhouse being used one day.

Note: 6-15-20   I just opened the back up to see how much nest material there is in this birdhouse and I was shocked that there was a fully finished nest inside! Wow, he has this house ready and waiting!

Walking past my mini-lily pond area, I spotted a Damselfly! What a beauty! 

 I love this time of the year when many of the flowers are in bloom.


 My first ginger flower this year!




 My first Plumeria flower on the ground. One hot day and it dropped.
 Royal Apricot.



California Towhee sits on my fence. I think there is a nest nearby.




I have planted lots of squash from seed this year. I will be sharing with my neighbors.
A beautiful female Hooded Oriole stops by for a bath.


 
Have a super week everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment