Monday, May 31, 2021

House Wrens: Fledge Day!

 

A Memorial Day surprise! When I went to my backyard to check on the House Wren nestlings, they were gone. They have fledged! Here are the images of a parent bringing prey and finding they are gone! She goes in and out of the nest three times and finally hearing them on my south fence line she flies over with the prey. Looking for the fledglings, I spot one perched in the thick woody part of my orange honeysuckle bush. I hear another but did not get a visual. Walking over to my garden I spot another fledgling but could not get a clear shot. They are doing fine and the parents will tend to them for a while longer. This has been a wonderful experience for me to follow the House Wrens as they picked a birdhouse and proceeded to raise their youngsters to fledglings. Have a wonderful Memorial Day everyone!
 
 
 
 
 
Here are the photos that I took this morning showing that the nestlings were gone and we have fledglings! 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Have a super Memorial Day everyone!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment