Thursday, December 10, 2020

Another Look at Swinhoe's White-eye

 

I was not happy with the photos I got yesterday of the Swinhoe's White-eye. Hoping to see if he would make another appearance at the Schefflera tree, I waited my camera at the ready, same time same plant. He did not disappoint! Here are a few more shots of the Swinhoe's White-eyed bird.
 
 
 
 
 
 
On my way to the garden to find the White-eye visitor, I spotted a beautiful female Allen's Hummingbird.

 She checks to make sure there is no threat!

Nearby the female, I find a male Allen's Hummingbird looking quite scruffy with his new feathers just starting to fill in on his chin. 

 He is still very handsome!

Walking into the garden, I go to the exact spot that I took yesterday's shots and wait... There he is. The Swinhoe's White-eye just landed in the schefflera tree.

 
 Here are some shots I got before he flew off.
  





 Close-up.

 The wings are rounded. Tail appears short.


 Close-up.



 Close-up.

 You can see how big the Schefflera tree is in this photo.

 Close-up.

 

 Close-up.

 Last shot of the back. solid olive color with no wing bars.

 
 Look who just showed up in the schefflera tree... It's the Black-throated Gray Warbler!

 His black feathers are starting to fill in on his throat.

 And there he goes. Quite the shy one. Hope to see him again.

 Here is the cute Ruby-crowned Kinglet looking for prey.

Looks like he has one spotted. What a great morning it has been for birding. It's getting better every day!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment